About Havering Athletic Club

Our history

Havering Athletic Club was formed in 1968 through the merger of the former Romford AC (formed 1951) and the Hornchurch Harriers Club (formed 1953), adopting Hornchurch Stadium as the club's training base.

In 1992 the club also established a training base at the refurbished Mayesbrook Park, Barking adding the name "Mayesbrook" to the club's title.  The club vacated Mayesbrook Park in March 2011 to allow further refurbishment for its use as an 2012 Olympic training venue. 

A decision was made in 2013 to concentrate the club's operations at Hornchurch Stadium and at the club's AGM on 14th March 2014, it was decided that the club name would revert to Havering AC.

Some historic photos of club members can be found here.
 

Club colours

Royal blue and yellow vests, blue shorts. Club Kit can be bought (or ordered) from Irene Brennan in the Clubhouse. The new Club vest (which changed in May 2016) and NEW logo are below: